Ten Commandments of Electronic Safety
1. Beware of the lightning that lurks in an undischarged capacitor lest it cause thee to be bounded upon thy backside in a most ungentlemanly manner.
2. Cause thou the switch that supplies large quantities of juice to be opened and thus tagged, so that thy days may be long on earth.
3. Prove to thyself that all circuits that radiate and upon which thou workest are grounded, lest they lift thee to a high-frequency potential and cause thee to radiate also.
4. Take care that thou use the proper method when thou measure of high voltage. That it not incinerate both thee and the meter; for verily, though thou hast no account number and nacst be easily replaced, the meter doth have such and shall bring great woe upon the supply department.
5. Tarry not amongst those who engage in intentional shocks. For they are surely nonbelievers and not long for this world.
6. Take care thou tamper not with interlocks and safety devices. For this shall incur the wrath of thy seniors, and unleash the fury of the safety officer down upon thy head and shoulders.
7. Work not with energized equipment; for if thou dost, thy buddies will surely be buying beers without thee, and thy space at the bar will be filled by another.
8. Verily, verily, I say unto thee: never service high-voltage equipment alone; for electric cooking is a slothful process, and thou mightest sizzle in thine own fat for hours before thy Maker seeth fit to end thy misery, and draw thee into His fold.
9. Trifle not with radioactive tubes and substance, lest thou commence to glow in the darkness like unto a lightning bug.
10. Commit thou to memory the works of the prophets, which are written in the instruction books; They give thee the straight dope and steer thee away from error.